Book Review #69
Title: Me Before You
Author: Jojo Moyes
Release Date: December 31, 2012
Pages: 481 pages
My rating: 4/5
Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.
What Lou doesn’t know is she’s about to lose her job or that knowing what’s coming is what keeps her sane.
Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he’s going to put a stop to that.
What Will doesn’t know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they’re going to change the other for all time.
- This book was a pleasant read. I just didn’t feel all the emotions and feelings that all the people was feeling while reading this book. I didn’t even cry.
- I am a bit disappointed because I had such high hopes for this book and it turned out to be pretty neutral.
- I love how witty Will can be at times and how vibrant Louisa is. The characters are definitely interesting, even the minor ones.
- I really thought this book has a lot of romance between the main characters but at the latter part of the book only they started showing their affections of each other.
- I am definitely looking forward for the movie. I have a feeling that I will love the adaptation more than the book itself.