Book Review #68
Title: New World: Ashes
Author: Jennifer Wilson
Publication: Oftomes Publishing
Release Date: June 7, 2016
My rating: 5/5
After Phoenix, a 17-year-old orphan rogue, sacrifices herself for her loved ones, her world again takes an unexpected turn. She may have forgotten her past, but it hasn’t forgotten her. A war is coming and her role in it will be pivotal.
That is… if she survives.
“The much-anticipated sequel to New World: Rising.”
- New World: Ashes got me hooked right at the very beginning of the story.
- I still love all the characters in the story (no surprise there!) and also the newest addition, Ryker! He’s a bit mean but very intriguing.
- The first part of the story was very depressing. I can understand all the pent up rage of Prea or Phoenix towards Fandrin. That guy is a heartless monster! I’d want to kill him too!
- There are bits in the book that reminds me so much of Mockingjay. It’s the part where they want her to be the face of the rebellion.
- I love the name Prea, it really suits her! And Mouse and Triven and all the other characters too!
- Prea’s job to go back to Tartarus to unite all the tribes is definitely a suicide mission. I mean, they are all very brutal and would kill everyone who gets in their way.
- I really look forward to find out what will happen in the third and final book in the New World trilogy. And I do hope that they all will find and continue to be at peace.
- Highly recommended!
- Now, let me just wait and anticipate for the next book to be released in agony.