Book Review #67
Title: The Red Zone
Author: Jordan Ford
Publication: Jordan Ford Books
Release Date: April 21, 2016
My rating: 5/5
Mack Mahoney is hot, popular and used to getting exactly what he wants…until he sets his sights on the new girl—Kaija Bennett. She’s an exchange student from New Zealand and attending Nelson High for three months. Mack’s never been one for love at first sight, but this chick has him feeling things he never knew existed within him and in spite of her feisty rejections, he’s determined to get to know her.
Kaija Bennett did not escape her New Zealand high school only to be dragged into the popular crowd at Nelson High. She’s on the run from a past she wants to forget, and the attention of the gorgeous quarterback is not helping. Can she resist his pulling power and keep her secret safe? Or will the dynamic football captain unearth the truth and make her fall harder than she ever has before?
- Jordan Ford is an upcoming author and as you can see from how many stars that I have placed, you can already see or know who much I love her style of writing. You can even say that she is one of my favourite authors out there.
- I love the fact that the author adds up her country of origin into the story and not all and fully American.
- Truthfully, all the characters – especially the two main characters in her stories, you just can’t help but to fall in love with them.
- It is a very interesting change to read from a bully’s point of view. I can partly understand why Kaija would want to run away and escape. And Mack is just like a typical jock who puts up a façade to protect himself from whatever it is that he wants to protect himself from. He is a really sweet, compassionate and loving guy who is not afraid to guide people from expressing yourself and following your heart and dreams.
- You can see glimpses of Tori and Colt and they are more adorable than ever. I really want to know what she whispered to him!! Can you please tell me what she whispered into his ear, please!!! I’m turning into Tyler, haha!
- Beautiful storyline and amazing characters. And I can’t wait to read more of Jordan Ford’s future releases in A Big Play Novel!!!
- Highly recommended!!!