Book Review #66
Title: The Poisoned Emerald
Author: Sarena and Sasha Nanua
Pages: 311 pages
My rating: 3.5/5
I wrapped myself in the portal’s embrace and felt my feet land on a new surface. I stood on a sandy beach that was wet and damp, causing the ground to stick to my shoes. The portal snapped shut, and I felt misty rain dance on my shoulders. Thunder sounded from overhead, and before I could comprehend the impending storm, a gash of lightning hit the hill just to the right of the river. The ground quaked below me before an explosion of sand burst from the ground.
AS WINTER ARRIVES Arica Miller is back to regular school life at Hill Valley. After resolving the disappearance of the King’s Jewel and returning it safely, Arica doesn’t expect anything else to go wrong. Too soon does Arica learn that a great evil—a poison—has spread through the Sorcerers Underworld, threatening to take away all magic. And worse, the only person who can save the magical world has been kidnapped: the king. In order to find the king, Arica and her friends must follow an ancient prophecy in which they must defeat vicious creatures, travel through mysterious forests, and restore peace to the poisoned land—no matter how dangerous it could be … In this final installment of The Pendant Trilogy, Arica learns of dark pasts, unknowable futures, and the truth of the pendant’s origin. Arica doesn’t have much time left—and if she fails, the mortal and the magical worlds are both at stake.
- To be honest, this trilogy was not my cup of tea. I rarely read fantasy books. But of course there are some books that are an exception.
- The ending was just okay. Nothing out of the ordinary.
- I really thought that the main character – the prophetic child, Arica Miller would eventually end up with someone. And that someone would be Prince Adam. But that’s okay.
- This trilogy is a light and short read. The contents aren’t really filled with action filled moments but also readers getting to know the characters better. You can connect and understand why a character did what it did at times because you know that they are like that.
- Lastly, I would like to express my impending awe and appreciation to both of the amazing authors. They are such an inspiration to me. Because they started writing at such a young age and because I too plan to write books someday.