Book Review #62
Title: I Won’t Break
Author: E. Mellyberry
Release Date: February 2, 2016
Pages: 342 pages
My rating: 5/5
It’s been five years since Andrew walked out of his apartment and left Lea in America. Five long years without any single contact.
Andrew is now a twenty-eight-year-old man who just inherited his father’s business empire and is about to marry the granddaughter of the wealthiest man in Singapore.
At twenty-four, Lea is in the early process of sorting out her life and career back in her home country.
When Andrew’s father passed away, they are reunited again for the first time since America.
Like it or not, they are forced to revisit their past and deal with their unfinished business. For most people, love is the answer to everything. But Lea and Andrew’s love is far from ordinary. Theirs is tainted by sin and guilt. And anger. Lots of anger.
What happened five years ago that made Andrew leave?
What happened after Twin Peaks?
What happened to their baby?
Told in both past and present events, I Won’t Break tests the limit of love when faced with grief and heartbreak, discovers the true power of forgiveness, and explores the meaning of second chances.
I Won’t Break is the sequel to My Lea (A Broken Love Story series) and cannot be read as a standalone.
Due to mature theme and content, this book is not suitable for readers under 18.
- This book + series is a roller coaster ride of emotions.
- I couldn’t have asked for a better ending. Though, there are a few scenes that are heart wrenching yet beautiful in every other way.
- I was saddened to find out that they have not yet found their happy ending but a tragedy occurs upon them at one point. I find it a bit unfair, after everything that they have been through.
- I still love everything – every single thing about this book. It is so heartbreakingly beautiful even though Andrew and Lea has to go through obstacles after obstacles to go through. They had still found love and each other at the end.
- Highly highly highly recommended!