Book Review #56
Title: A Mess Of Reason
Author: A. Wilding Wells
Publication: AWW Press
Release Date: July 8, 2015
My rating: 3.5/5
Scout Steele is the country music star People magazine just voted ‘sexiest bachelor’. More than that, he’s my best friend forever, my bff. OK, not quite my lingo – I’m almost thirty. We’ve shared everything, and then some. Even crossed the line a few times, but not too far. Well, mostly…. He’ll go to the end of the world to make me happy; he knows me inside and out. Except, that is, my most intimate and darkest defect; this he must never know. It would ruin us, and ‘us’ is the only thing that matters. So I’m marrying someone who doesn’t care about the truth or, frankly, even me.” “She’s twisted and sexy as all get out. Brilliant and beautiful, Tess Harlow is my best friend and my forbidden fruit – the woman I’ve always known and loved the best but can never have. Between my tours (and sexy groupies) and her man-juggling, we’ve never found “our time.” I love her to pieces but she’s about to marry the bane of my existence, rocker Creed Luce. He’s a walking cliche and he treats my Tess like hell – why she stays with him I still haven’t figured out. I am always there for her…but not this time. Tess deserves better, way better, my better. The door is half-open and I have my ways. Her best friend is about to become her best lover.
- A light read.
- The storyline is great, fitting and a wholesome of vibrant characters.
- Although, sometimes Tessa is kind of an idiot because she would just follow her heart, literally throughout the story.
- Scout is a big and muscle-ly man but a softy at heart which is everything a girl looks for.
- This book is full of sexual innuendos that I am not quite fond of. Like a lot.
- There are also scenes that the author did not elaborate further so it has left me confused.