Book Review #51
My Rating: 4/5
Pia has grown up in a secret laboratory hidden deep in the Amazon rain forest. She was raised by a team of scientists who have created her to be the start of a new immortal race. But on the night of her seventeenth birthday, Pia discovers a hole in the electric fence that surrounds her sterile home―and sneaks outside the compound for the first time in her life.
Free in the jungle, Pia meets Eio, a boy from a nearby village. Together, they embark on a race against time to discover the truth about Pia’s origin―a truth with deadly consequences that will change their lives forever.
Origin is a beautifully told, shocking new way to look at an age-old desire: to live forever, no matter the cost.
- I love the whole plotline between science and myths.
- And I particularly love a hunk of man with jet black hair and piercing blue eyes! And that man is Eio!!!
- I think if I were Pia, I’d definitely run away too! Especially to meet up with Eio!!! You just can’t expect her to be perfect without telling her the whole truth of the world.
- The main reason that intrigues her to seek for a place outside of Little Cam and actually find solace is because she doesn’t feel loved like everyone deserves to.
- I would read the rest of this series but the Corpus people is mean and evil. So, I’ll just lay it down a bit. If you know what I mean!