Book Review #50
Title: Gabriel And The Swallows
Author: Esther Dalseno
Publication: Oftomes Publishing
Release Date: March 11, 2016
A girl with swallow’s wings.
An ancient city buried in a volcano.
A mystery old as blood and bone.
There is more to Gabriel than the life he’s ashamed of – the son of peasant winemakers, bullied relentlessly on account of his disabled mother. For Gabriel has a secret: the elaborate dream world he descends into at night – a grandiose, vivid existence – is becoming more real than his waking life.
Everything changes for Gabriel when he rescues a wounded creature – a miraculous girl with swallow’s wings – from the voracious pursuit of Alfio Gallo, a dangerous old enemy. Aided by the beautiful and mysterious Orlando Khan, Gabriel is conflicted by unanswered questions: who is the Dark One that dwells in the medieval tunnels beneath their city? Is he just a figment of Gabriel’s powerful imagination? And is the foundling really who she says she is?
Wrestling with manhood whilst beckoned by ancient rites and foreign lands, Gabriel is about to make a deadly decision that changes the course of life as he knows it…as long as he can decide which reality he’s in.
- This phenomenonal book will leave you breathless and you, will have to anticipate heartbreaking twists in every corner.
- This book is the kind of book that will constantly have a place in your heart.
- I love all the enigmatic and vibrant characters in this book.
- The fantabulous (though, thats not a legit word) plotline between fantasy and reality is simply applaudable.
- I completely fell in love with this book inside and out. And I can’t wait to read the next instalment in this duology!
- Highly recommended!!