Book Review #48
* I received this book in an exchange for an honest review.
My rating: 4.5/5
Singing in the shower takes on a whole new meaning in Melissa Pearl’s first New Adult Contemporary Romance.
Ella Simmons does not want to move across the country. But she is, because her boyfriend has persuaded her to join him at UChicago to finish out her college education. Never able to tell him no, she hops on a plane and makes the trek from LA expecting to adjust to life like she’s often forced to, but things are not that simple when she hears a luscious voice singing over her shower wall. His deep, sexy tenor makes her weak in the knees, spreading fire through her limbs and making her question everything about her life and relationship.
Can one voice really have that much of an impact?
Cole Reynolds is on his way out. In his final year at UChicago, the only thing he wants to do is finish school and get on with his life. But the sweet voice that interrupts his morning shower turns his world upside down. Compelled to find his shower songbird, he begins a search across campus. The only thing to distract him from this goal is his roommate’s gorgeous girlfriend who’s just arrived from LA – Ella Simmons.
Relationships are put to the ultimate test as future dreams are questioned and friendships are thrown on the line for love.
- Fever is a very sweet and light read. A perfect book you read during the weekends or the holidays. It will completely shut you up from reality.
- The first half of the book is closer to downhill but the last half of the book – the climax – just makes you sizzle for more! If you know what I mean!
- I love the fact that Cole is kind of a bad boy who eventually falls for the girl, Ella and seizes his bad boy ways. You can seriously say that I have a soft spot for a man like him.
- And his declaration of love to Ella by performing 500 miles in front of everyone? Can I literally just melt right now!
- Ella is a bit stubborn and hard headed. Just letting the demons get to her. But a happy ending will make me happy nonetheless!
- FIVE STARS OUT OF FIVE!!!
- Highly recommended!!