Book Review #44
* I received this book in an exchange for an honest review.
My rating: 5/5
Since witnessing her parents’ murders at the age of eleven, Phoenix’s only purpose in life has been to uphold her mother’s dying words- to be strong and survive. But surviving outside of The Walls- outside of The Sanctuary- is more like a drawn-out death sentence. A cruel and ruthless city, Tartarus is run by the Tribes whose motto is simple, “Join or die.”
Refusing to join and determined to live, Phoenix fights to survive in this savage world. But who can she trust, when no one can be trusted? Not even herself.
- An amazing and lovely read with a very fast-paced plotline. Which I absolutely love and adore!
- I love everything about this book! It is so beautiful inside and out – wholly.
- I love all the unique characters. Especially the lovely Triven.
- And let’s not forget the abstract tribes of Tartarus.
- But that ending? What is the author, Jennifer Wilson trying to do to me? The ending is devastating, heartbreaking and plain sad.
- To conclude this review, this book is an absolutely great read that will make you die of need for more!
- I simply cannot wait for the next instalment to come out.
- A DEFINITE FIVE STARS OUT OF FIVE!!!
- Highly highly recommended!