Book Review #41
* I received this book in an exchange for an honest review.
My rating: 5/5
Sometimes boy meets girl, and the stars align, and their future is laid out neatly before them. Together forever. Meant to be. But Max and Loren are not one of those couples.
Seventeen-year-old Max DuPont is on the verge of becoming a ward of the state and foster kid. Contrary to expectations, Max is not from the “wrong” side of town. He’s from a good home in a nice neighborhood, but his mother left after his father lost his job and turned to drinking. Max has been struggling to keep his head above water ever since. All he wants is to survive his senior year, play hockey, and move on to college.
When his dad lands himself in jail, Max has no choice but to accept an offer to live with his father’s do-gooder attorney, Mr. Larssi. The only contingency is that Max must stay far away from Larssi’s beautiful teenage daughter Loren.
Loren is aware that she’s had every opportunity in her young adult life—at least, that is, every opportunity her parents designed for her. She excels in academics at a competitive prep school, she never parties, she never dates, and she’s a budding ballerina and major hopeful for a Juilliard scholarship. But since her best friend Lily died tragically three months ago, Loren is lost. She knows just how precious life is. But she has no idea how to make the best of it. How can she live—really live—with obsessive parents breathing down her neck…and inviting the only guy who never noticed her to live right under their roof?
Loren’s first step in living her own life might be to get Max to notice her. Max’s only chance at a solid future without foster care is to keep his distance from Loren. But their chemistry is undeniable. And they can’t fight the odds forever…
- Exhilarating, enthralling and a book that have all the qualities you look for in a book.
- It is just so perfect, so compact and the sweetest book about living life everyday to the fullest, rekindling with broken families and not to forget, having great new people that will always be there for you.
- And yes, I’m talking about Max Dupont! Can he be any sweeter and perfect? So unfair!!
- I love that the relationship between Loren and Max is not even close to perfect. So full of flaws. And I think that intrigues me the most. There are always little twists just lurking around them. And I like it.
- A book will not be a book if it’s all sunshine and like talking a stroll through the park. It will have to break your heart, have butterflies in your insides and just hit you right in the feels. It really should.
- And this book – Agains All Odds – it exceeds beyond that.
- A DEFINITE FIVE STARS OUT OF FIVE!
- Highly highly highly recommend.