Book Review #39
* I received this book in an exchange for an honest review.
My rating: 5/5
**Recommended for readers 17+ due to sexual situations, use of foul language, and graphic situations
***Some scenes may be triggering to some who are struggling or have struggled with mental illness
Seventeen year old Jenna can’t take back what she did five years ago. No one will ever let her forget it. While battling anxiety, self harm, and a hostile home environment, surviving proves to be more difficult with each passing day. That is until she meets Trevor. The school’s new jock with attractive dark looks and a charming personality. A relationship was something she never planned on; she had enough on her plate. But a relationship is what she got. Trevor is what she got. She has secret and scars that she’s only ever shared with one other person, her best friend Courtney, and sharing those with Trevor might just prove to be the hardest thing she’s ever done. But Trevor has secrets of his own and once they’re revealed, there’s no taking them back.
Will Jenna give into the darkness and continue to fight for survival or will she give into love and finally live? Most importantly, will she trust the surface?
- A perfect compact read with compelling heartfelt storyline that will make you beg for more.
- I love every moment of my time while reading the book. The story is full of dramas and contradictions. Just as I predicted. And so full of ups and downs.
- I completely adore Jenna and Trevor’s love story and her friendship with her best friend, Courtney but I’m totally against the way her parents and her classmates treat her.
- The story teaches us that life is full of challenges and we must push all of our will power and strength to fight for our lives and those who we love too. Because in the end, it’ll all be worth it if only we try.
- A DEFINITE FIVE STAR OUT OF FIVE!! Highly recommended.