Book Review #32
My rating: 4/5
Beloved #1 New York Times bestselling author Colleen Hoover returns with an unforgettable love story between a writer and his unexpected muse.
Fallon meets Ben, an aspiring novelist, the day before her scheduled cross-country move. Their untimely attraction leads them to spend Fallon’s last day in L.A. together, and her eventful life becomes the creative inspiration Ben has always sought for his novel.
Over time and amidst the various relationships and tribulations of their own separate lives, they continue to meet on the same date every year. Until one day Fallon becomes unsure if Ben has been telling her the truth or fabricating a perfect reality for the sake of the ultimate plot twist.
- I am very certain that everyone agrees with me that Colleen Hoover has yet again blown us away.
- The fact that the author, Colleen writes the book November 9 while at the same time in the book, the main character or our main guy, Ben also writes a book about November 9 – about his story and Fallon’s is so unpredictable and plain amazing!
- I don’t wholly agree with Fallon’s mother’s statement where she advices her daughter to put off dating until she’s mature enough at the age of 23 even though in some ways its good for her. And Fallon being the good daughter that she is, complies.
- I really love the story’s concept but I think that they’re annual meet up on November 9 is quite ordinary now. Well, what I think anyway.
- This book leans on more towards drama rather than romance. It’s about reconciling with families and getting to know the true reason of being closer to them.