Book Review #31
* I received this book in an exchange for an honest review.
My rating: 5/5
It’s night. Always night. Dreams guard against the evil forged by nightmares. Infinite shooting stars illuminate a moonless sky. A city stands alone, surrounded by a darkened field. On its fringes, a man watches one star separate from the masses and fall. What survives the crash will unveil a secret centuries long hidden.
Molly hasn’t slept well since the night of her twenty-fourth birthday. Being struck by lightning might have something to do with it, but then again, her chicken did look a little undercooked at dinner. Whatever the culprit, her life quickly catapults from mundane to insane as, night after night, Molly is transported through her once dreamless sleep to a mysterious land illuminated by shooting stars.
There she meets the captivating but frustrating Dev, and together they discover Molly possesses a power coveted by his people—the ability to conjure almost anything she desires into existence. Seduced by the possibilities of this gift, Molly shifts her attention from waking life toward the man, the magic, and the world found in her dreams.
But Molly must ask herself—does something truly exist if you only see it when you close your eyes?
Faced with the threat of losing everything—her job, best friend, boyfriend, and most importantly, that little thing called her sanity—Molly will learn just how far she’ll go to uncover what is real and what is merely a figment of her imagination.
- I love the fact that E. J. Mellow mixes up this book by writing about two worlds. One about Molly’s everyday lives in New York City and the other where it is in a whole other dimension called Terra Somniorum which means The Land Of Dreams in Latin.
- One small detail that I’m not quite fond is the love triangle between Molly and two dreamy guys named Jared and Devlin. Why, you ask. Because it is extremely frustrating and you have to choose sides.
- I would give E. J. Mellow a huge round of applause, if I could for creating such a phenomenal series that I am certain will be loved by all.
- Every detail from the story line to characters is remarkable and very fitting to the whole story.
- I honestly loved reading every letter, word, sentences and paragraphs. Spending an amount of my time loving and devouring this book is truly worth it.
- To say that this series is one of my favourite series ever would be a huge compliment because I don’t read fantasies that much. Its just not my forte. But, of course I’ll make a few exceptions.
- Highly highly highly recommended.