Book Review #25
My rating: 4/5
‘Addictive, intense, and oozing with romance. I couldn’t put it down.’ LAUREN KATE
I have a curse
I have a gift
I am a monster
I’m more than human
My touch is lethal
My touch is power
I am their weapon
I will fight back
Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.
The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.
The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war – and
The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.
Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.
- To me, the plot is like a constant heart beat. It doesn’t go up and down with overwhelming emotions. The story is dull, simple as that.
- Juliette should be able to control her emotions and feelings at bay and not to succomb into her fear and predictions.
- I do find Warner’s character very intriguing. I think that his character stood out the most amongst everyone else.
- Adam is a good companion and friend. But I don’t think he and Juliette suit together. Read the next book and you’ll know why.
- Kenji is a very funny and interesting character with his constant wit and tale.
- When you have reached the end, you simply know that the next book will gradually get better in term of characters and plotline.