Book Review #23
* I received this book in an exchange for an honest review.
My rating: 3.5/5
One gemstone that changed her life… Now it was almost before me. My breath quickened as I struggled to let go of the necklace. I even stood to pull the box with me, but the ribbon of the necklace reddened my wrist like a hot coal and I cried out in pain. Suddenly all I heard was my breath-in, out. The figure moved quicker and quicker, closer and closer…
The figure was now above me, drifting over my head, and then it tumbled on me with the force of gravity.
And then with a whimper, I fell unconscious as darkness surrounded me.
ARICA MILLER is thrilled to begin her sophomore year at Hill Valley Private Arts Academy. Little does she know that the prestigious school holds more hidden secrets than she’d anticipated-especially with the headmistress. After she accidentally comes into contact with a mysterious gemstone necklace, she receives strange hallucinations that connect to her family’s past. Arica soon realizes that this is no regular necklace, but a necklace that contains power beyond her knowledge. And that’s not all. Her world unwinds as she is absorbed with knowledge of a world of sorcery.
All dating up to Halloween night, Arica must face suspicious friends, monstrous creatures, and the truth of her family’s connection with sorcery. But worst of all, she must face a powerful enemy keen on only one thing: the gemstones.
- This book and story is very predictable. You’ll know what I’m talking about once you’ve read it.
- All the characters play their own respective role in the story.
- I think that the story plot can be more uplifting. For example like: surprising/shoking turnout of events.
- The ending is a cliffhanger and I really want to read more to know what awaits me.
- This book is perfect for you, if you’re looking for a fantasy book and some sorcery actions.
- It really struck me to start writing my book because these lovely authors have inspired me to write again. And at a very young age!