Book Review #18
My rating: 5/5
‘Brisk and bubbly. Snappy and fun.’ PUBLISHERS WEEKLY
‘Thoroughly engaging.’ VOYA
High school junior Jenny Greenley is so good at keeping secrets that she’s the school newspaper’s anonymous advice columnist. She’s so good at it that, when hotter-than-hot Hollywood star Luke Striker comes to her small town to research a role, Jenny is the one in charge of keeping his identity under wraps. But Luke doesn’t make it easy, and soon everyone—the town, the paparazzi, and the tabloids alike—know his secret…and Jenny is caught right in the middle of all the chaos.
- Before I read the book, I totally made up my mind that this would be a your typical high school geek girl would fall in love with a teen idol and she’s the only person in the whole school that is not head over heels for him.
- I was so wrong. This book is way beyond my expectations.
- First of all, I totally get it that Jenny isn’t in love with Luke as she claims, “We’re just friends.” Because what she says is true. It wasn’t an act of denying the truth as there isn’t a single flesh in her that is in love with him.
- Secondly, I so did not expect that Luke would have a thing for Gerri but to add it up, is in a relationship with her?
- Third of all, why didn’t Scott just man up and confess his undying love for Jenny? Wouldn’t everyone still have their happy ending but just a little quicker?
- Last of all, I am very happy that everything worked up for all the characters and in the end, everyone gets their own happily ever after.
- Highly recommended.