Book Review #12
Two years before Beatrice Prior made her choice, the sixteen-year-old son of Abnegation’s faction leader did the same. Tobias’s transfer to Dauntless is a chance to begin again. Here, he will not be called the name his parents gave him. Here, he will not let fear turn him into a cowering child.
Newly christened “Four,” he discovers during initiation that he will succeed in Dauntless. Initiation is only the beginning, though; Four must claim his place in the Dauntless hierarchy. His decisions will affect future initiates as well as uncover secrets that could threaten his own future—and the future of the entire faction system.
Two years later, Four is poised to take action, but the course is still unclear. The first new initiate who jumps into the net might change all that. With her, the way to righting their world might become clear. With her, it might become possible to be Tobias once again.
From #1 New York Times bestselling author Veronica Roth comes a companion volume to the worldwide bestselling DIVERGENT series, told from the per-spective of the immensely popular character Tobias. The four pieces included here—THE TRANSFER, THE INITIATE, THE SON, and THE TRAITOR—plus three additional exclusive scenes, give readers an electrifying glimpse into the history and heart of Tobias, and set the stage for the epic saga of the DIVERGENT trilogy.
- To me, it is basically just a summary of his life before Tris.
- Definitely not that great if compared to the trilogy.
- It is kind of weird to imagine the muscular Four to be small and vulnerable in this book because I am so used to the fact that he is a very strong and irresistible (oops, had to) man.
- I really thought that the book was only supposed to include of Tobias’s life and solely his. I mean, come on Tris, you’ve had your limelight.
- I don’t really like that there is Tris in the book or maybe I’m just jealous and I want to be Tris. *sighs*
- Anywho, recommended.