Book Review #4
My rating: 5/5
‘A gripping thriller in dystopic future Los Angeles…..a cinematic adventure.’ KIRKUS REVIEWS
‘Delicious details keep pages turning.’ BOOKLIST
Injured and on the run, it has been seven days since June and Day barely escaped Los Angeles and the Republic with their lives. Day is believed dead having lost his own brother to an execution squad who thought they were assassinating him. June is now the Republic’s most wanted traitor. Desperate for help, they turn to the Patriots – a vigilante rebel group sworn to bring down the Republic. But can they trust them or have they unwittingly become pawns in the most terrifying of political games?
- The first book was legendary, so let’s call this one extremely epic.
- This series just keeps getting better and even more interesting.
- I love June and Day’s relationship. Every single thing about it.
- Reading the words “Day is dying” is probably the most heartbreaking thing ever.
- I really don’t think that killing the current Elector Primo is ever going to solve anything. It just sounds like they’re creating more problems and disasters.
- The leaders of Republic are really selfish and self-centered.
- Highly recommended.