Book Review #2
An anxiety disorder disrupts fourteen-year-old Audrey’s daily life. She has been making slow but steady progress with Dr. Sarah, but when Audrey meets Linus, her brother’s gaming teammate, she is energized. She connects with him. Audrey can talk through her fears with Linus in a way she’s never been able to do with anyone before. As their friendship deepens and her recovery gains momentum, a sweet romantic connection develops, one that helps not just Audrey but also her entire family.
- First of all, I may be a tad biased as Sophie is one of my-all-time favourites.
- It is a light read and you can finish it in one sitting.
- Sophie has always written Chick flicks so it was a great change.
- In a way, she is raising an awareness about children who seeks extra help/attention.
- The characters are all perfect for their own respective role except for Audrey’s mom, she may have overreacted a bit at the beginning.
- The plot was okay. Romance, family drama and specifically Audrey opening up to the rest of the world.